Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"We Who See"

Sky-high platforms have been gracing the runways this Spring, and I have to say, I am pretty damn excited to have a new excuse to expand my shoe collection. I have a problem.... really.

I also have a problem however, with one particular platform design. It saddens me to say this, but Prada, I don't get it. I have been seeing this oxford platform everywhere, and  I just cant understand why rope trimmed floating devices attached to the bottom of your feet are aesthetically pleasing. 


Now, I am not trying to  build myself up to be some sort of expert in the field of designer footwear, this is merely my opinion, but there is a ray of sunshine in this post I promise. Scroll down and you shall see my friends :)


CHANEL has thankfully restored the glory and beauty of this Spring's fashionable footwear and has produced some gorgeous platforms. They almost remind me of a vintage inspired Roman fairy tale (if that makes any sense) and I would be more that happy to don these beauties on my feets. 



Buuuuuuuut since I am not in the position to shell out for fresh off the runway Chanel platforms, I have found another, more realistic substitute. I found these adorable "We Who See" light-grey patent platforms at Urban Blues. The feminine eyelet lace detail gives a wonderful flirty quality to a chunky shoe. I can not WAIT to wear these babies. 


 xoxo Gabi

No comments:

Post a Comment