Thursday, October 28, 2010

Uptown Anime

It was during my first month of working at Julia's aunt's boutique Urban Blues that I realized how much I enjoy putting outfits together, and it turns out, Im not half bad at it. Sooooooo, I called up my friend, Jackie (check out her blog here),  and asked her if she would want to collaborate on some shoots (she would do the makeup, and I would style). Luckily, she was pretty excited about the idea and had already had wanted to do a shot with an "anime-ish" makeup theme. Immediately I started pulling clothes from mine and my sister's closets with the question: "What if Sailor Moon took a trip to Manhattan during fashion week?" repeating over and over in my head.  The result?  What I like to call "Uptown Anime". 




Makeup and photos: Jackie Gordon
Styled by: Yours Truly
Models: My lovely little sister Nattie and her friend Abby

xoxo Gabi

No comments:

Post a Comment